No party is a one man show! Most events can use as little as 3 but as many as 20+ vendors on a single event! Knowing your budget (to include tax and tip) is the only way to begin vendor searching. If the thought of organizing these aspects of your party are overwhelming, hiring your event planner (ME) first is the best route to go!
Here are the basic steps to booking your vendors!
- If possible, know your event date and time in your original vendor inquiry to speed up the process.
- Inquire with 2-3 vendors of the same talent to compare pricing and packages.
- Personal referrals and online reviews will give you the most honest feedback about each vendor and their work.
- Take time to view their online presence. Website, social media, yelp, wedding wire, etc. While you shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover, their online material should capture you.
- Gather as much information online and via email correspondence. In some cases a phone call may suffice, but in others a face to face meeting may be required. Efficiency, promptness and professionalism are the key traits to keep an eye out for!
- Do a side-by-side comparison of the same vendors to select the one that will suit you and your party the best. Keep in mind vendors with different skills will work differently so don’t assume the business style of your caterer will reflect the same business style as your make up artist.
- Once chosen, make the deposit and request a contract to secure your vendor!
As always, please feel free to comment or email me with any questions! I am always happy to help!